When it comes to choosing an oral surgeon, there are a few factors you should take into consideration, such as experience, training and referrals. Below we’ve listed a few specific things to keep in mind as you look around.
- Your Dentist’s Recommendation. Your dentist is probably your best resource for help on finding the right surgeon. Call up your dentist’s office for a referral.
- Your Friend’s Recommendation. While your friend may not be a dental professional, he or she may have a good sense of how particular surgeons handle their patients.
- Experience and Training. Ideally you’ll find a surgeon who has extensive training and experience in their field. Better yet, you’ll find one who has lots of experience performing your particular procedure.
- Professional Memberships. Find out if your surgeon is a member of any professional organizations. Does he or she have any accolades or awards?
- Practice Information. A good oral surgeon will also have a very good practice. You should look for an established oral surgery practice with a good reputation and professional atmosphere.
- Insurance and Payment Plans. You’ll also want to make sure your insurance will cover your treatment with that surgeon. If you don’t have insurance or your plan only covers part of the procedure, you should find out if there are financing options available.
Austin Oral Surgery has a 40 year legacy of providing the best patient care in the Austin area. Our surgeons are experts in their fields and can provide you with the results you’re looking for. Call or contact us today.