As an Austin Oral Surgery patient, your initial visit will be a consultation to understand your diagnosis and treatment options. While there are times when the option to perform surgery on the same day as the consultation is available, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require your procedure be scheduled on a separate day.
For your first visit, please provide us with the following:
- Your referral slip, if applicable
- X-rays, if applicable
- A complete list of medications you are currently taking
- Your insurance cards (for any medical and/or dental insurance)
Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all appointments.
If your procedure is scheduled on the same day as your consultation and you will be undergoing IV anesthesia, please:
- Review the pre-op and post-op instructions
- Do not eat or drink during the 8 hours prior to your procedure
- Arrange to have an adult accompany you and drive you home
Please bring to the attention of your doctor if you:
- Have a medical condition of potential concern, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatic fever, artificial heart valves and joints, etc.
- Are currently taking any medication