Almost all patients prefer dental implants over traditional dentures. Moreover, patients who’ve had traditional dentures before are likely to see improvements in speech and appearance after a dental implant procedure.
Some advantages of dental implants include:
- Stability. Dental implants are more stable than dentures and won’t slip off while eating or speaking.
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. They fuse with your jawbone and become permanent fixtures.
- Comfort. Unlike dentures which might not fit properly, dental implants are practically unnoticeable a few weeks after surgery.
- Durability. Dental implants can last a lifetime if properly cared for.
- Convenience. Dental implants don’t need to be removed and cleaned like dentures. You also won’t have to deal with any messy adhesives.
Another alternative to traditional dentures are implant-supported dentures. Unlike traditional dentures which rely on suction to stay in place, implant-supported dentures are secured by implants. The implants are rooted in the jawbone and keep the dentures from slipping out while you’re speaking or eating.
To find out if dental implants are right for you, set up an appointment with your dentist today. If you would like to learn more about dental implants or the dental implant procedure, contact Austin Oral Surgery.